COUNSELLOR & POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY PRACTITIONER
B Psych Sc (Hons) Assoc. MAPS
With lived experience, Matt provides counselling and positive psychology coaching services to support a range of areas including; men’s health, sports and exercise motivation, LGBT+ wellbeing, stress management, life transitions, mental health, counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), positive psychology, workplace issues (e.g. bullying, harassment), app addiction (e.g. dating, Social Media) and others – just ask!
Matt has a zest for counselling, sports and exercise, positive psychology coaching, and sustainable living. Matt is an associate member of both the Australian Psychological Society (APS) as well as Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA) and holds an NDIS Worker Screening Clearance and Blue Card in Queensland.
Matt’s educational background includes:
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) First Class CQUniversity (2017/2018)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science with Distinction CQUniversity (2012/2016)
- Postgraduate studies in Applied Positive Psychology CQUniversity (2019)
- Associate Member of The Australian Psychological Society (2019)
- Graduate Certificate in Science (General) focused on Sports and Exercise University of Southern Queensland (2021)
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling Edith Cowan University (2021)
- Undergraduate Certificate of Sustainable Living University of Tasmania (2021)
- Diploma of Sustainable Living University of Tasmania (2022)
- Associate Member of Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
In addition, Matt is also currently working on completing his Certificate III and IV in Fitness toward registration as a Personal Trainer.
Matt offers both in person and Telehealth consultations. For NDIS participants, Matt can provide services for plan and self-managed clients. Check with your plan manager or support co-ordinator if you have funding allocated in your plan prior to booking an appointment.
If you would like more information about Matt and to book an appointment:
Phone: 1300 471 661 or 07 39247179